On 1 Feb 2005 at 15:26, Lane Schwartz wrote:

> This is very true. Chris, I know that you're trying to not distort
> anything, but I would really encourage you to move or remove the first
> clause of paragraph 2.
>
> Change this:
>
> In truth, there may be a few people out there who have found a way to
> use MythTV for ill ends, but by far the vast majority of us use MythTV
> as a glorified VCR (the exact same thing that users of TiVo and
> ReplayTV do with their systems).
>
> To this:
>
> By far the vast majority of MythTV users use it simply as a glorified
> VCR (the exact same thing that users of TiVo and ReplayTV do with
> their systems).

I would take it even further. Sharing pirated TV shows was never the goal as far as I'm aware, so anyone who does it is abusing MythTV. I don't do it, you don't do it, the developers don't do it or condone it, so let's not legitimize it by even mentioning it.

Try this:

MythTV users use it simply as a glorified VCR (the exact same thing that users of TiVo and ReplayTV do with their systems.)

Marvin