Sorry - I've always been curious - what's so wrong with KDE? I have a Barton2500 w/ 512MB RAM on a combined frontend/backend box. Are the lightweight WMs more for people with Epia boxes, and/or those that just want to try something else? I'm just wondering if there would be any actual benefit for setup's like mine to switch to a lighter WM?

There is nothing wrong with KDE as a desktop environment (although I am a gnome user), but for a dedicated mythbox it's just a flat out waste of disk space, RAM, and processor cycles. Typical Myth usage doesn't use anything that a Desktop Environment provides. No multiple desktops, no application servers, no file browsers, no CORBA (gnome), no advanced clipboards, panels, menus, applets.... etc etc etc.

If you are running myth as an application on a desktop computer, and not in your entertainment center, then by all means, use a full fledged desktop.

Thanks. Matt