Damien Whyte wrote:

As an aside, my understanding of the current Pay TV situation in Australia is that Austar uses, and will continue to use Irdeto2 encryption - for which CAMs are available. I think the "analogue" Foxtel service also uses Irdeto encryption (not sure if it's Irdeto 1 or 2 at the moment). However as a previous poster mentioned, Foxtel Digital has moved to a different encryption scheme for which no CAMs will be available.

Based on that info, I did a little digging through Google, but to limited avail. I *did* see mention that both Austel and Foxtel have been experimenting with DoS attacks that seem to make the CAM module lock up. Nasty (if it's true)

Interestingly though, I understand that Foxtel are about to release a PVR for use with their Pay TV service. Seems a little monopolistic doesn't it ?

With Tel$tra being one of the main owners of Foxtel, does this *really* surprise you?