At first I thought it would be a pain receiving all these emails, but I
really like it actually.  I use Evolution, and I've used Thunderbird too
(might go back to using it) and both can handle it VERY well.  I have
separate folders set up which all the emails automatically filter in to
when they are received (Mythtv Commits, MythTV Dev, MythTV Users, IVTV).
I have the emails in "threaded" view, which is the greatest thing that
ever happened to email clients, especially for stuff like this.  It is
incredibly easy to follow all the conversations.  Furthermore, there is
a simple search bar at the top in case I'm looking for a specific topic,
but I usually just scroll through them and browse, since I check my
email very often anyway, and don't have a ton of new things to see each
time.  You can have the threads collapsed by default if you want to
also, in case you're just trying to browse through the different topics
being discussed.

I personally like it very much, and prefer it to opening a browser,
going to the forums, etc.  Try this setup if you haven't already.
You'll like it.

~Lou