From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 5:26 PM
To: mythtv-users@mythtv.org
Subject: [mythtv-users] Questions & problems with PVR 350

Hi all.

I have just install mythtv on my Gentoo box. I have some trouble with
it.

Problem 1.
I am using the PVR 350 TVout functionality. Without any big problem I
got a
perfekt picture on my TV.
The problem is that X windows is too big for my TV. I have configured
the
xorg.conf as described in a lot of places on the net.
When watching LiveTV in the size of the picture seams to perfect fit my
TV
screen but launching any mythtv related screens the picture does not fit
the
TV is too big.
Anybody that knows about how to configure it?

Problem 2.
When using the PVR350 TVout I get the audio routed to the PVR card
instead of
to my soundcard. Connecting a cable between TV-card and Sound card
should do
it, but I am a little bit confused about how to configure it.
If "line in" is muted there is no sound at all. If "line in" is unmuted
I get
sound from the TV Card but I can not change the volume within MythTV.

Anybody knows how to configure it?
Can I route the sound directly to my soundcard as when I do not use the
PVR
TVout functionality?

Problem 3.
After a few hours with LIRC configurating it seams that I have it
working under
Myth.
When launching Mplayer from mythtv the remote stops working. I guess it
is a
matter of configuration? Can anyone explain how? Do I need to compile
mplayer
with LIRC support or can I handle it from MythTv?

Problem 4.
When watching LiveTV and having the program guide launched, I have a
problem
when exiting the program guide. When pressing Esc the TV is going black
and
the sound stops. Pressing Esc one more time returns to the main menu of
mythtv. No problem to launch LiveTv again.

Anybody knows why LiveTV stops?

I am running ivtv-2.0.rc3f

Here is a the relevant parts of my xorg.conf. ( I am using PAL TV
standard )

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "My Monitor"
HorizSync 30-68