On Wednesday 16 February 2005 10:03, Cory Papenfuss wrote:
> I've got an NVidia card (MX-400) with such a
> horrendously crappy tvout chip on it, the most I ever see is 240
> lines.
> The chip just plain blows chunks.

Cory, just curious, what TV encoder chip does your Nvidia card use?  My
old LeadTek GF4MX-420 card used an NV17 TV encoder and the output was
beautiful.  That card has since died and I'm now using the onboard
GF4MX-440 from my Chaintech 7NIF-2 nForce2 boards, which uses an NV18
TV encoder, and, to quote you, it simply "blows chunks".  You're about
the only other person I've ever heard speak of Nvidia TV-out that way,
so I was just wondering if you also had the newer chip.

-JAC