In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Jeroen Brosens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Tom Hughes wrote:
>
>> <snip>
>>
>>Well I've got a Leadtek Winfast A180BT GeForce MX4000 which is NV18
>>and the TV encoder on that certainly blows chunks. I'm using a sync
>>converter on the VGA output to drive a RGB input on the TV now so I
>>don't care, but when I tried the S-Video output it was horrible.
>
> Tom, I just finished my vga2scart cable, from the circuit as explained
> on the site that is linked on the mythtv page of your website
> (http://www.nexusuk.org/projects/vga2scart/). Now I have to find the
> modeline to get a nice image; are you a PAL user, and if yes, could
> you explain what you did to get it working correctly? My tv image is
> now scrolling up/down and skewing a bit too. It definately needs the
> proper tuning, but what could be the best way to do it? Many thanks,

The mode lines I'm using are:

        ModeLine     "704x576pali" 13.6 704 728 792 872 576 581 586 625 -hsync
-vsync interlace
        ModeLine     "720x576pali" 13.9 720 744 808 888 576 581 586 625 -hsync
-vsync interlace

They seem to work OK on my set - scrolling up/down certainly indicates
some sort of sync/timing problem anyway.

Make sure you've wired to the correct pin on the SCART as well. I got
it wrong the first time and connected to the sync out pin instead of
the sync in so the TV wasn't getting the proper sync.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.compton.nu/