On Wednesday 16 February 2005 19:40, Jorge Guzmán wrote:
> well, anything that works, I don't really know. My laptop has a
> Firewire card alreay, my cable does not have a firewire output, I want
> a TV capture card and I believe the way to go is with firewire or
> pcmcia.
>
> Does anybody know about a cheap card? Or any card, that'll work.
>
> Jorge

I don't know of any PCMCIA tuner/capture cards.  The only TV tuners are
typically PCI or USB.  USB tuners are currently not supported in Myth,
though hopefully they will be someday soon.

As for firewire, if you live in the US your cable company is required to
provide you with a firewire-enabled set-top box if you request it.  Be
aware, though, that you may not be able to receive all channels over
firewire.

Also, there are a number of firewire tuner devices (like Dazzle), but
IIRC they output DV, not MPEG, so some work would need to be done to
support them.

-JAC