Blair wrote:

After arm wrestling with getting the nVidia XvMC libraries in the right place( and upgrading alsa to 1.0.8), I finally have XvMC working against the 6600GT. It seems to have problems when changing channels (Sunday Morning CVS) but exiting and entering back into Watching TV gets it back. When I install my Xv only version, I don't have the corrupted image issues when changing channels but I do sometimes lose sound.

Can you recap what exactly you did to get XvMC working? I have a 6600GT also, and am doubtful XvMC is actually working.

-Ack