On Fri, 2005-02-18 at 21:14, Eric Webb wrote:
> On Thursday 17 February 2005 10:06 pm, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> > >
> > > You mean, patch Xorg 6.8.2?  Did I miss the patches for Xorg?  Where are
> > > they?
> >
> > Yep.. Go to unichrome.sourceforge.net and take a look.
>
> Wow.  I now have an understanding of just how bleeding edge this stuff is.  I
> wouldn't call the Xorg 6.8.2 an "OLD" release, but adding in the new via code
> from CVS fixed my video woes.  So did they just fix this last week or
> something?? ;)
>
> Maybe I'll try XvMC now.

If you get lucky, let me know. I'm still having issues.

DRM in kernel and needed is not the same

> I have to move on to ALSA next.  Sound from my M10K "works", but the volume
> is
> really damn low.  I've been through AlsaMixer and raised every audio slider
> that exists... I guess I'll look for a newer code release for that, too.

I don't have issues with ALSA at all. Did you check if amixer will work?
I found that it's sort of MUTED by default and you have to set it to
like 80% or something and then things work after that

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz