list,

I know, not all are interested in decreasing the time needed for switching
channels
in live TV.
But, I want to replace my old satellite receiver with a mythfrontend
(together with
mythbackend and DVB-S cards). The frontend and backend (2 DVB-S cards) are
up and
running already and are used as a VHS-replacement by now, even by my wife,
but, as
mentioned above, but -for me- it needs too long (1s to 3s, dependign on ??)
switch channels. Because I want to use it as DVB-S (digital) receiver.
And for zapping hte channels, 2 seconds e.g. are too long for me.

So, question:

what can I do to reduce the time needed for switching channels ?

Improvements in configuration, source code changes (buffer for MPEG2-stream
in
frontend), just every suggestion is welcome.

TIA,

uwe

--
DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Supergünstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl