Tom E. Craddock, Jr. wrote:

Brad Templeton wrote:

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 09:50:38AM -0800, Joe Barnhart wrote:

--- "Tom E. Craddock, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Never heard of tab complete? Took me less than a
minute to do what you were talking about. You aint got a minute?

I probably don't understand how to use tab complete,
then. I always had best results with tab complete
when the filename already exists in a directory. In
the case of my non-files, there are no matching file
entries. Please tell me how you use tab complete to
touch files in this situation.

I don't know what he was talking about either. However, the "easy"
fix in this case is to grep for the error message in the log,
pull that into a file to isolate the filenames, and turn that into
a shell script to touch them.

This is what I mean. No files exsist for the metadata you want to delete. Youve greped the name of the file you want to touch as Brad said. Then, find a file that has a similar name, except for a few diffs. Tab complete that file, exchange it with the correct name, touch, delete. No need to type out 30 charachters.

Tom

if he is sshing in - here is what I found to be the quickest way
open mythweb right click the link to the failed recording
choose copy link
ssh to the mythtv
cd to the recordings directory
type rm then right click to paste the entire filename url into the terminal window
delete the http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/mythweb part from the name and hit enter
20 seconds should do it.
then crtl-d to close ssh.