Isaac Richards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> the 'production' system is only
> hooked up to the projector, so it's slightly harder to code on. =)

ssh? ;)

> No, it's more - "If you want to ensure that bugs get fixed, use CVS."  I
> can't quite fix bugs that don't ever happen to me and aren't reported.
> If people don't test CVS, then they're not going to report bugs until a
> release is made.

but most people don't even know what cvs _is_
also installing from cvs usually means losing the benefits of package
management. As this thread demonstrates, a lot of people are not using CVS,
whatever the reason is.

Perhaps RPMS made nightly out of CVS are needed?
I know the MAC frontend has them available at http://whpress.com/mythtv/
If anyone knows any others please post them too.

Alternatively ppl can make their own RPMS out of CVS
I am attaching a "script/HOWTO"
on how to do this using Mandrake 10.1

Hopefully somebody finds it useful

Risto