On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 11:56:15AM -0800, Brad Templeton wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 08:18:35AM -0500, Dale E. Martin wrote:
> > How about convincing the "powers that be" to donate one to Isaac? (or
> > another key developer if Isaac isn't interested.)  I would think that
> > MythTV support would generate quite a few sales, given the number of people
> > on this list who have spent significant amounts of money on their mythtv
> > setups.  Just a thought.  I'm very impressed that Plextor not only released
> > a Linux driver, but released it under the GPL!
>
> If they are smart, they would give one to all developers who work at
> all on tuner related code.  (No, that doesn't include me.)  The first
> one is the most useful gift, in that it gets basic support going, but
> the truth is you want lots of developers using them, so they see the
> bugs directly and feel they are higher on the personal priority tree.

Point taken.  At any rate, Isaac has agreed to take a look and test it
out, so Plextor is sending him a unit, and where we go from there depends
on what he thinks.  (I don't see it as so much of a "gift" though --
having MythTV support the ConvertX would be as much of a benefit to
Plextor as to the project and the community.)

Now would be a good time to point out to everybody that I don't work
directly for Plextor, so what I say shouldn't be interpreted as Plextor
policy or anything.  But they're good guys and want to support the
community, so I'm trying to help them do that.  -Nathan