Has any body got Dodby Digital to work?

What I am talking about is when I watch a movie with mythvideo I want my
computers SPDIF connector connected to my Sony receiver and have the
Blue light come on the receiver saying I am running Dodby Digtal 3/2
(5.1 Surround).

I have no problem getting the SPDIF output to work and my receiver, but
it says it has a PCM 48 connection, but it is only 2 channels.

I have a Asus A7N8X-E deluxe MB with 6 channel audio.  I am running alsa
1.08 and I have tested it with the MB's audio and a Sound Blaster Live
5.1 card.   Both do the same thing 2 channel digital audio.

I did try to use the Nvidia OSS audio drivers and was able to get my
receiver say it was Dodby Digtal 3/2 and the blue light came on.   But,
the drivers would make all the video run real real slow, so it made the
audio driver unusable.

I have also tried xine, the last 3 versions of MPlayer and the CVS
version of MPlayer.  They all do the same thing, 2 channel digital
audio.

Brent