In July 2003, *oldwizeman85 at hotmail <http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?user=1822;list=mythtv> *posted a message saying he was getting warning messages when installing apt. The messages look like:
W::There are multiple versions of "..."
To disable warnings set:
RPM::Allow Duplicated-Warning "false"

JeffW suggested running
rpm -qa | sort
and looking for any duplicate package names with different version numbers. Then use
rpm -e packagename
to remove the older package.

When I run rpm -qa, I get a lot of duplicate packages with the same version number. Should I remove these packages? If I use rpm -e packagename, will it remove both packages or just the first one it gets to?

Carl.