Hi Everyone,

I've installed a Hauppauge Nexus-S DVB-S card into my mythbox to increase my range of channels from the four Irish channels I've been watching for the last ten years! I've been using a PVR350 to receive the terrestrial channels.

After a lot of messing around I upgraded to Mythtv 0.17 (mostly working very well!) and the DVB support now in there is great. I was able to automatically scan the ASTRA 2D satellite and build the list of channels (I'm most interested in getting the BBC channels from this satellite).

I haven't yet got xmltv working for the new channels (I normally use radiotimes for the 4 Irish channels)

But - the problem is that the channels aren't there when I go to watch TV it doesn't have the new channels. In the mysql database I can see that all the new DVB channels (and the found old terrestrial channels) are in the dvb_channel table but the channel table only has my old terrestrial channels.

Maybe the problem is that I've upgraded to 0.17 from 0.16 and on a new fresh installation something would be different?

Does anyone know exactly how the channel tables are meant to be setup to view and record the DVB channels?

Also should I be trying to use the radiotimes XMLTV feed or is there some special way to get the program listing from the satellite transmission?

Thanks for all your help as always!

Derek

--

Derek Conniffe Rivertower Ltd DDI: (Local Ireland) 01 201 0146 (International) +353 1 201 0146 Mobile: (Local Ireland) 086 856 3823 (International) +353 86 856 3823 Main Line: (Local Ireland) 1890 45 70 74 (International) +353 1 201 0180 Fax: (Local Ireland) 01 201 0085 (International) +353 1 201 0085 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Web: www.rivertowerhosting.com