On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:01:03 -0600, Ashu Desai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am a newbie here and just set up a MythTV a few days back. I am
> using nVidia FX 5200, a Hauppauge PVR-250 (980) and my CPU config is:
> 650 MHz, 384 Mb RAM (100 MHz bus).
>
> Somehow when I watch Live TV, there's a blue frame on the left side
> which comes on the TV screen; besides the black frame on all 4 sides.
> After talking with my friend, it seems that it's maybe because my TV
> settings are not on 800x600 but higher. I tried looking at the
> nVidia-settings file but I couldn't figure much out.
>
> Can anyone help me remove this problem? Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Ash.

I think the 'blue line' issue is separate from your resolution issues.
Although adjusting resolution and/or overscan may correct it for you.
This same problem occured on my MythTV setup after initial install,
and a quick search of the archives led me to a post that mentioned a
blue background behind my picture, which could be changed to black to
remove the lines. I don't remember the command, but it worked
perfectly in my case. Search the archives for 'xattr' and/or 'blue
line'.

Garry