I'm looking at building myself a Myth box.  I'm aiming to have a couple
of DVB-T cards in there as the main sources, and probably another
analogue input card (we have a Sky box so its likely to be hooked to
there with maybe a short term attachment to a VCR whilst any required
tapes are transcoded).

The analogue card seems to be pretty much a no-brainer - Hauppauge PVR-
[23]30.

I'd like recommendations on DVB-T cards that work well with Myth for
UK/Freeview service.  I'm aware of:-
      * Hauppauge NOVA-T PCI cards (look like these are around Â60)
      * Pinnacle Mediacenter 300i (also has analogue in but presumably
        without MPEG encoding - this would save me a card slot).  What
        appears to be an OEM version of this can be found for under Â60.
      * Avermedia DVB-T (has a svideo in as well - not sure what that
        can do).  Again around Â60.
      * Vision Plus Digital TV PCI Tuner Card - looks like this is
        around Â50

Any comments on best or cards worth avoiding would be very helpful.

I'm initially looking at getting just one to trial in my existing box -
basically its to persuade the wife to go with this :-)
Working out the final hardware spec of the final box comes later.

Cheers
        Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]