* Avermedia DVB-T (has a svideo in as well - not sure what that
       can do).  Again around Â60.

I'm using one of these. As long as your signal isn't too weak you won't have any problems. We have a couple of freeview boxes which pick up one of the multiplexes at 25% signal strength (it's run at a lower power than the rest of the muxes). The DVB card doesn't pick this up unfortunately, but picks up all the other channels without a problem. I'm in the Bilsdale transmitter region. Check your local area at http://www.dtg.org.uk just to make sure you don't have a similar situation with one of the muxes before buying this card.

I have no experience with the svideo input, but it is listed in Myth setup, so I would expect it could be used as a capture port. Another advantage is that the AverTV 771 has an aerial through-socket, but the backpanel doesn't have a cutout for it, so you'd need to mod it- but it saves having a booster/splitter anyway. Also it is the only half height DVB card available afaik, which means it'll fit in those smaller mATX cases (no half height bracket supplied tho).

The remote apparently works in myth but is rubbish and tacky. I wouldn't bother with it (it doesn't have a standard 'up down left right' selection of arrows with 'select' in the middle, like most remotes either)

Setup wasn't too bad, but the mt352 frontend driver is included as standard only with the 2.6.10 kernel and above. I am using a 2.4.26 kernel with the dvb files from linuxtv.org and patches from http://www.frokaschwei.net/avtv771/avermedia.html

Hope this helps,

Will