Marcel Janssen wrote:

On Sunday 06 March 2005 22:57, Marcel Janssen wrote:

On Sunday 06 March 2005 22:34, Marcel Janssen wrote:

Hi,

When I record a program in mythtv it plays out of sync in mythtv (audio
is up to 2 seconds ahead of video)
mplayer plays the recorded files (the nuv files I recording with mythtv)
perfectly in sync.
This makes me believe that the recorded files are OK but mythtv playback
is wrong here.

Now, it could be a problem with mythtv in relation to my system (fully up
to date FC3 with ATrpms), but since I have no problems with any other
video related software (xine,mplayer,oggle,xawtv etc) I have no clue left
what I could change on my system except mythtv to solve the issue.

Which options affect A/V sync ?
If it is a bug in mythtv (which I believe), how can I analyze the problem
or submit data on this issue ?

Forgot to tell that I use OSS drivers for my soundcard because there are no
alsa drivers available and I use SPDIF output.

Could it be that OSS support is broken ? Anyone having mythtv working well with OSS drivers ?

regards,
Marcel

Sounds to me like the opengl_vsync issue. You need to recompile Myth without opengl_vsync set. I don't think anyone has found a different work-around. I did this and everything was peachy. It's worth a try, anyway. Search for it on the list if you aren't sure what this means.

Matt