On Monday 07 March 2005 07:56, Matt S. wrote:
> So, just to jump in here.  I currently have 2 PVR-250s.  I really need
> at least 1 more source, and I don't know if it's best to invest in
> another PVR-250, or a 150 or a 500.  It looks like the 500 (and 150)
> are really still in development to the point that it wouldn't be a
> simple plug and play.  Any advice?  The dual tuners on the 500 sounds
> really desirable!  I run debian and a 3.x version of ivtv and 2.6.10
> kernel.  I'll eventually add a HDTV card as well, so the extra PCI
> slots are precious :)

Actually, I'd call the 500 extremely close to production-ready right now.
There are a few of us who have been working on the 500 and 150 quite a bit of
late on the ivtv-dev list, and we now have a patch in place so it loads on
4kstacks kernels (very relevant for FC2/3 users, not so much for other
distros), tveeprom patches that auto-detect everything on these cards, and
nearly full auto-configuration, so they're not far off from plug and play.
The next ivtv dev release (0.3.2h) should include all these bits.

I'm moving my 150 into production use this week (in a FC3 box), while still
testing some things on my 500 (which is currently in a Debian box w/a 2.6.11
kernel + kraxel patches) with respect to the video4linux tveeprom and tuner.
The ivtv-provided tveeprom and tuner modules work perfectly, but there are
some slight differences between them and the v4l bytesex.org versions.

--
Jarod Wilson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Got a question? Read this first...