But what are the lines that I will need in my modprobe.conf?  This is
what I have so far in it (from Jarod's guide)

alias char-major-61 lirc_serial
options lirc_serial irq=4 io=0x3f8
install lirc_serial /bin/setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none ;\
    /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install lirc_serial

Instead of lirc_serial, will it be lirc_usb?  I have no idea.  Thanks!