John Patrick Poet wrote:

I understand that you are frustrated, but your last sentence is a little
offensive.

The OpenGL vsync/bobdeint combo is awsome.  Ever since Doug implemented that
combination, my video playback has been silky smooth.  I have an nVidia
graphics card.

The reason it may not work as well for non-nVidia users, is that Doug uses
an nVidia card. Pretty much all the "developers" use an nVidia card. This
means that all other video cards are not going to be as well tested or
optimized.

As an aside, what is the preferred Nvidia card for TV output? I have a generic GeForce 4 MX440 and it works alright, although I'm sure it could be better. If there is a better card to use, what is it?

Also, awhile back I bought one of these: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=169832&Sku=G126-1002

And I tried it with Myth, but it wouldn't work. I forget the problem, I believe it was something about 'couldn't connect to xv device' or something like that.

Would I be better served using that box with the VGA output, or a better Nvidia card?

Thanks
Tom