The problem isn't with Suse directly.  It's with QT.
QT on Suse is not compiled with database support
or threads.

Simply download QT 3.3.4, configure, compile, install.

Then link /usr/lib/qt3 to /usr/local/qt (from the QT install)
and you're good to go.

This is what it took to get MythTV running on Java Desktop
3.0 (which is based on Suse 9.1)

emike

Kevin Saenz wrote:

After fighting with database issues on Suse 9.1, I switched to
KnoppMyth, which supposedly auto-installs all the prereqs and sets up
the database.  Yet it "cannot connect to the master backend
database."

I'm throwing in the towel.  Looking at the archives of this list, it
appears that this tool is still packed with gotchas, one complication
after another.  Does anyone else share the same thoughts, or am I just
having unusual difficulties?

I threw in the towel with Suse9.0 and 9.1 (I was testing Suse as place
of employment is a Novell house). There are a few people who have had
success with using mythtv on suse.

I was thinking of using knoppMyth the only question that I has was
does it support dvb? So far I have not found an answer to that.

I used Mandrake because I moved away from RH, and I read that it has a
little more support for most codecs. I am not entirely happy with
Mandrake but at least it works.