Kelly wrote:

Well, I just spent about 30 hours trying to get this configured and
set up. I just spent about 14 hours today trying to get a "picture"
out of my HD3000 card from an OTA HDTV signal. Only to be rewarded
with the jerky live image....

I built this system specifically for live HDTV. I bought a P4 3.0
processor, 512 MB ram, nividia 5200, and a 250GB SATA hard drive.

I followed  Jarod C. Wilson's guide (outstanding by the way) but had
to start deviating to try and get the dvb drivers to load up. For some
reason, after every reboot, I have to chmod -R mythtv:root /dev/dvb
and /dev/dvb0 or the mythbackend will fail to start the DVB#0.

Kelly,

Those of us who are doing High Def can definitely identify. There's a challenge around every corner. With regards to the start up issue, I noticed the same thing, I think it's related to a delay in the loading of the cx88_dvb driver. I put the following (*total hack alert*) in my /etc/rc.d/rc.local:

modprobe cx88_dvb
i=$((0))
while [ $i -lt 5 ]
do
  if RETVAL=`lsmod | grep cx88_dvb`
     then service mythbackend start
     ERR=`tail /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log | grep ERROR`
     n=$((0))
     while [ "$ERR" != "" ]
     do
        n=$(($n+1))
        sleep 7
        service mythbackend restart
        ERR=`tail /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log | grep ERROR`
        if [ $n -eq 2 ] ; then
           ERR=""
        fi
     done