Hi Michael,

Actually I found out about them after doing some research on cablecard. I’ve had a chat to the company and they tell me that there software is 20-50% better than anything else available on the MythTV platform because of the amount of independent development they have done.

What I am trying to understand is what rights they have to sell software that has been developed from the Myth TV platform.

The reasoning behind this is I’m working with a group of people who are looking at funding some development in open source software around the cablecard standard.

(sorry if my questions sound like a newbie but this is my first involvement with open source apart from funding some developments on the Asterisk open source IP PABX space).

Cheers,

Dean