David Shay wrote:
I have some HDTV-capable frontends and some non-HDTV capable frontends.  I
would like to setup a "record all showings on this channel" entry for a
series, one for the HD channel and one for the SD channel, thereby getting
two non-duplicated versions of every episode, one in HD and one in SD.  When
I try to do this, however, and if I use "subtitle and description" duplicate
detection, I continually have to force episodes to be recorded.  Am I doing
something wrong or is this not currently possible without overrides?

I used to do this when we first got HD and the signal was not very strong. I turned off the duplicate detection and it would record both at the same time.

- James