On 4/27/2005 9:47 AM, Mark Knecht wrote:

On 4/27/05, David George <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You could try changing AudioDevice from ALSA:default to ALSA:hw:1,0.
See the sound section of the docs for where this is located:
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-7.html

Well, the front page (Section 7) doesn't say much and the
troubleshooting notes say they don't apply to my PVR-250. So much for
the easy way.

That is referring to audio capture, not audio playback.

Currently my user specific setup pages show /dev/dsp for the audio
device. Cycling through what it offers doesn't give me any ALSA
options at all. Can I jsut type in ALSA:hw:0,0 or ALSA:hw:1,0 there to
change sound devices?

Yes, you need to just type the ALSA information in that field. Also, make sure ALSA is all upper-case.

The alternative would be to create a .asoundrc for your soundcard.
There is more info about this at:
http://mythtv.info/moin.cgi/DigitalSoundHowTo

Will consider but I've had problems dependign on .asoundrc in the
past. Not well documented out here on the fringe. ;-)

Ok, but check out the DigitalSoundHowTo page anyway. There may be some useful info in there for you.

-- David

HDTV frontend I'm working on (pictures, mythmon source)
 http://mythhd.info