On Saturday 30 April 2005 08:42 pm, Micah Wedemeyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thought I had a good setup this time, but I just hosed everything.  I
> think I'll probably have to reinstall (again...)
>
> Anyways, I think a lot of my problems are due to my wireless card.  I'm
> using the infamous Netgear WG311v2 with the acx100 chipset.  I tried a
> D-Link card, but it wouldn't work at all, so I was stuck with swapping
> out the WG311v2 from my Windows machine.
>
> Is anyone out there using a PCI 802.11g card that they're happy with?  I
> want something that is well supported under Linux.  I am not using it to
> stream video, only to reduce cable clutter (for higher WAF).
>
> So, if you've got a PCI 802.11g card that you love, please tell me about
> it.  I need make/model/chipset/you-name-it.  If you could give me the
> output of lspci that would be even better.
>
> Thanks,
> Micah

I have a Dlink DWL-520+ that is working quite well under Fedora Core 3. I'm
using the acx100 drivers from http://acx100.sourceforge.net, which have to be
compiled, but its nothing too tricky. Once installed, I startup the
connection to my Linksys WRT-54GS running HyperWRT with the following in
rc.local.

/usr/share/acx/acx100/scripts/start_net
iwconfig wlan0 essid xxxxxxx rate 11Mb/s encr xxxxxxxx

lspci shows:
02:0e.0 Network controller: Texas Instruments ACX 100 22Mbps Wireless
Interface

My system is a combined front/backend so I only need enough speed to reach the
net for updates/weather/news/etc. Its been very stable from 3 rooms away from
the router inside an entertainment center.

Happy to help if you need it.

- JM