Dave Pearson wrote:

I have a PVR-250, which is working perfectly for the composite-0 input, I get a very good picture and good sound. Unfortunately I cannot get any sound out of the tuner-0 input, only a (good) picture.
This is what my modprobe.conf in Mandrake 10.1 looks like:
#for ivtv
alias char-major-81-* videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv

Good.

options ivtv ivtv_debug=1
options tuner type=1 pal=1
options saa7127 enable_output output_select=0 pal=1
options msp3400 once=0 simpler=1 simple=0 standard=0xa

Assuming you're using IvyTV 0.2.0rc or above, get rid of all of these. You're probably telling IvyTV to use the wrong configuration--instead of autodetecting the correct configuration. IvyTV is happy to follow your instructions--even if they're wrong--so make sure you know for sure that the autoconfiguration chooses the wrong options before you start overriding it.

install ivtv { /sbin/modprobe msp3400; /sbin/modprobe saa7115; /sbin/modprobe tuner; } ; /sbin/modprobe --first-time --ignore-install ivtv && { /sbin/modprobe lirc_dev; /sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c; /bin/true; }

Get rid of this. When you install ivtv (with modprobe ivtv--not with insmod ivtv), the driver takes care of loading all modules on which it depends. Loading modules in the wrong order causes problems, so let the driver do it for you. If you want to ensure that lirc is installed with ivtv, at least get rid of the msp3400 and saa7115 and tuner stuff. If you want to get fancy, create an install line for LIRC that pre-installs ivtv before installing LIRC.

remove ivtv { /sbin/modprobe -r lirc_dev; /sbin/modprobe -r lirc_i2c; } ; /sbin/modprobe -r --first-time --ignore-remove ivtv && { /sbin/modprobe -r msp3400; /sbin/modprobe -r saa7115; /sbin/modprobe -r tuner; /bin/true; }

This is fine.

HTH.
Mike