I have run mythtv for a year now. I have used knoppmyth and now my own install on mepis.
It was working OK for months and then started to segfault on mythbackend start on apr26.

I tried to restore my good backup of the whole hdd6 mepis install. it still segfaulted.
hmmm.

I installed knoppmyth r5a15 on hda1 and it worked. hmmm.

I then apt-get installed mythtv on hdd6mepis and it fixed the segfaulting.

Note that I did delete the mythtv user months ago when installing myth on mepis. -- a bad
idea. permissions are messed up because of that and i just ran mythbackend from a
terminal for a long time.

every thing seemed to be working with the apr02 database.

I then restored my apr26 database.
I had to update mythtv user password and permissions using mysql-navigator.
It has no upcoming recordings although it has all my shows to record in the priorities page.

present problems:
-etc/init.d/mythtv-backend start gives error access is denied for [EMAIL PROTECTED]
yet if i run mythbackend from terminal it works. That seems like conflicting results.
-It has no upcoming recordings although it has all my shows to record in the priorities page.

thankyou in advance for any Ideas that may help me. I can't find anything on the web
about solutions to my probs.

David