>it completed recording then died without scheduling
>the commflag job

I had this problem.  Immediately after a recording ended, backend
would segfault.  This was with a 5/12/05 cvs sync.

I reverted my cvs to 4/22/05 and it has been stable for a week now.
Another person posted this problem to myth-dev; see subject "SIGSEGV
at end of recording".

Donn
http://mymythtv.blogspot.com