I'm currently running fairly close to keeping my hard drive at maximum
capacity.  I've started very seriously considering adding another
160GB disk to supplement the space, but I'm a bit anxious about my
options for growing the disk without losing the 180 gigs I've got
sitting there now.  I'm pretty sure my WAF would go to dang near zero
if I lost all her stored Gilmore Girls and Judging Amy; the WAF for
the mythtv box wouldn't be that good either.

After searching through the archives, it looks like my main two
options are converting to RAID 0 or using LVM.  I have a general idea
of what each does, but I don't really know much about either.  Does
anyone have suggestions about the best way to go about this, and which
may be easier?  I've got a Mandrake 10 system, if that makes a
difference.

Oddly, while I'm more familiar with RAID in concept, it seems LVM may
be easier to convert to.

Here's my understanding of what I'd need to do for LVM, which seems
straight forward:

LVM
1) Install LVM tools (very likely they are already available through urpmi)
2) Create a physical volume on the new hard drive
3) Create a volume group on the new hard drive
4) Create a logical volume on the new hard drive
5) Mount the new hard drive, copy the data from my video partition over
6) Unmount both the new hard drive and my old video partition, rename
the logical partition to be the same as my old partition
6b) At this point, it's essentially the same as if I had just added
the hard drive and copied the stuff over
7) Create a physical volume in my old video partition
8) Add the physical volume to the new volume group

Is that about it?  The HOWTO on software raids looked more daunting to
set up than LVM.  What have other people's experiences been?

Thanks,
Ryan