Hi Gavin

Gavin Haslett wrote:

I had the exact same problem with my setup running a Geforce MX440 card.
I added the following to my "Device" section in /etc/X11/xorg.conf;

Option   "XvmcUsesTextures" "true"

Double check you're using accelerated nvidia drivers, and make sure your
xmvclibs are up to date. Works like a champ for me, though a little
flaky on my motherboard due to what I suspect are DMA problems (will
report back on that after an upcoming mobo upgrade)

Hope this helps!

Pardon me for (maybe) asking the obvious, but how do I know if I'm using accelerated nvidia drivers? I'm using 7174. Also, how do I check the xvmc libraries are up to date...?

Cheers,

-Morten