I updated and get much further. Thanks. I think Chris presupposed
my current problem. I recorded a show to test with but for some reason
I'm getting no commercial flagging from MythTV this morning so I guess
I don't have a cut list?

commercial flagging and cutlists are two separate things.. go into mythtv and watch the program. then press E to edit, and Z to import the flag list into the cutlist.

I was given a patch at some point to auto-convert the flag list to a cutlist from within nuvexport, but since it hasn't been applied and isn't in my inbox, there was something wrong with it and I'm waiting for a new version.

-Chris