Justin The Cynical wrote:

Mike wrote:

I need my dvd drive to automount when i stick the disk in so I don't have to have a box with ssh on it. I am running debian sid with the packages listed from the mythtv howto. I have monitor dvd/cdroms checked in mythfrontend.

Automount/autofs daemon is what you are looking for.

Setup? Well, that depends on which daemon you use. Autofs (what is on my FC2 myth box) uses the auto.master and auto.misc files.

How is that for a pointer?  :-)

Thanks! Just doesn't seem to function correctly under Debian if I go by what I read.

mythtv:/# cat /etc/auto.master
#
# $Id: auto.master,v 1.4 2005/01/04 14:36:54 raven Exp $
#
# Sample auto.master file
# This is an automounter map and it has the following format
# key [ -mount-options-separated-by-comma ] location
# For details of the format look at autofs(5).
/misc   /etc/auto.misc --timeout=60
#/smb   /etc/auto.smb
#/misc  /etc/auto.misc
#/net   /etc/auto.net

mythtv:/# cat /etc/auto.misc
#
# $Id: auto.misc,v 1.2 2003/09/29 08:22:35 raven Exp $
#
# This is an automounter map and it has the following format
# key [ -mount-options-separated-by-comma ] location
# Details may be found in the autofs(5) manpage

cd              -fstype=iso9660,ro,nosuid,nodev :/dev/cdrom

# the following entries are samples to pique your imagination
#linux          -ro,soft,intr           ftp.example.org:/pub/linux
#boot           -fstype=ext2            :/dev/hda1
#floppy         -fstype=auto            :/dev/fd0
#floppy         -fstype=ext2            :/dev/fd0
#e2floppy       -fstype=ext2            :/dev/fd0
#jaz            -fstype=ext2            :/dev/sdc1
#removable      -fstype=ext2            :/dev/hdd

mythtv:/# /etc/init.d/autofs start
Starting automounter: done.

mythtv:/# ls /misc/
mythtv:/# ls /misc/
mythtv:/#

I don't understand...... Is this supposed to work?

-Mike