BTW, the nVidia GeForce 6600/6600GT chipset seems to be capable of processing YPrPb in the GPU, but many manufacturers (like ASUS) choose not to enable YPrPb support out the DIN connector.  If you know of a SPECIFIC video card manufacturer & model that works well with Myth/Linux please chime in.

Richard Bronosky wrote:
Please no responses about transcoders or alternatives.  I went through 39 pages of emails on http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/ last night trying to find a solution, but in every thread someone changes the subject.

I'm looking for a video card or mother board with on-board video supported by MythTV that has simple YPrPb component output.  I've seen a few cards from ATI, but I fear Linux support for those.  I've also heard of a VIA or EPIA mother board that some guy was selling (several of), but I thought it was weird that the only outlet for the unit was an individual's blog.

There has been lots of interest in component out over the past 2 years.  Let's get a definitive answer into the threads, and put this one to rest.

--
Thank you for your time,
--==<< R i c h a r d   B r o n o s k y >>==--

Nearly all viruses and spyware are designed to use Microsoft internet products. Protect yourself by avoiding Internet Explorer & Outlook/Outlook Express.
Get Firefox! Get Thunderbird!