Scott Minneman wrote:
On 8/19/05, Jesse Guardiani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Richard Bronosky wrote:

[...]

I wish this thing was RF!  Why don't they make high end remotes use
high power RF?

Well how is an RF device supposed to control an IR device? They'd have
to include a base station
that converts RF to IR, and it would need to either be in line of site
of all your equipment (think
wall mount maybe?) or include tethers, like my IR Blaster.

Basically, it raises the complexity level significantly. But, to be
honest, I think a remote would
have to include this sort of functionality before I would consider
dumping more than $50 on it. :)

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin

My TV may not be RF, but my wireless keyboard is.  I'd really like a
universal remote that handles both IR and RF, so I can control the
entire entertainment system with only one remote.  I want to control
the Myth box through the RF receiver, since it will stay hooked up
anyway (in case keyboard use on the console is ever necessary), and so
I can avoid the hassle of lirc.

Does anyone know of a good IR/RF universal remote?  Bonus points if
it's as sexy as the Harmony...

every RF remote i've ever seen can only be used with its own specific RF equipment, so you won't find one to control your keyboard i dont think.

As far as good IR/RF remotes go, one for all makes a very good one for a resonable price

http://www.ofausa.com/remote.php?type=URC%209910

got it at fry's for $50, and it comes with the basestation. it's a very large remote, but it has full learning, macros, and a small lcd display. works out by the pool just fine.