Hello. I'm running a slave backend, and I cannot get mythbackend on the slave
to run.

When I run /etc/init.d/mythbackend start, I get a message that it's running,
but in reality it fails silently. There are no errors in the log file. ps -e
doesn' show it. It doesn't die in a clean fashion. /etc/init.d/mythbackend
restart doesn't work. I need to use the "zap" option to convince the system
that it's dead.

But I can start mythbackend from the command line
> mythbackend

It starts and connects and everything seems fine. Does anyone know why it
might be dying, or at least how I can see why? Thanks.

- Bob