On 9/24/05, Wendy Seltzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm capturing analog NTSC with an old WinTV card  (Bt 878).  It seems to work fine for everything except old black & white movies.  Recent attempts to record "Notorious" and "Arsenic and Old Lace" on different days both failed, capturing only broken blocks of video and chyopped audio -- although color lead-ins captured fine.  Has anyone else seen a similar problem, or does anyone have suggestions for troubleshooting?

Mythfilldatabase is not running during the record.  The machine is a P4 3 GHz with plenty of disk space and an HD-3000, running current svn.

Do you have any odd messages in dmesg or the backend log?  I regularly record B&W movies from Turner Classic Movies and the local community college channel on my BT878 card (a KWorld card), and I've never seen anything like this.

Carl Fongheiser