Phill Edwards wrote:

Lots on this in the archives so I'm not going to go into much detail
other than to say that another option to xebian is xbmcmythtv which is
a python script based GUI front end which runs in Xbox Media Centre.
Find it at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=128346
Thanks to everyone who replied so far - I am going to try Phill's suggestion as I like the idea of not have to reboot into Linux to run the front end. I already have a GentooX install on the Xbox that I could use if I find xbmcmythtv doesn't fit the bill for some reason.

One of the big advantages of this solution is that you don't have to
boot into Linux so startup times are a _lot_ quicker, plus it's
probably a bit easier to configure as it's just a few settings screens
- you don't have to worry about setting up a whole linux OS etc.
Downside is that the functionality is not as rich and you have to
download a patched mplayer to play files transcoded to MPEG4.
I don't think I'm using MPEG4 - it's the stream from the DVB transponder which I think is MPEG2 though I could be wrong!

Cheers,

James