> The standard answer is a well-known free Linux PBX package called
> Asterisk.  Has anyone tried running Myth and Asterisk on the same box?
>
> (It's easy to think of all kinds of dandy other things for a computer
> to do once you commit to having it turned on all the time.)
> --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (WJCarpenter)    PGP 0x91865119
> 38 95 1B 69 C9 C6 3D 25    73 46 32 04 69 D6 ED F3

If you have a search on the list, I think you'll find quite a few people
using asterisk and myth.

I have both running on my backend server, and it works very well. I have a
PSTN line coming in, and various VOIP services. Phones are Cisco 7900
series IP phones. The dialplan makes call routing invisible to the user
e.g. if I dial a local number, asterisk routes it over the PSTN, but if I
dial an international number, it goes out via a VOIP service.

The cooleset thing is when the phone rings, the caller ID comes up on the
telly!

Cheers,

Jon