Just a quick question as I'm new to making DVD's from recorded programs.

I found on the net somewhere some setting for recording from a pvr250 into dvd type format. It records great and the file size is about 2.2G for every hour which is about what I expected. If I try to use dvdauthor it gives me all kinds of errors about the VOB format. No big deal I'll just use nuvexport with the dvd option (I want to get rid of the commercials anyways). The file that nuvexport spits out is only 950 Megs. I'm using all the defaults since I'm not familure with dvd that much. I'm wondering why the file is less than half the size as the original? Should I increase the VBR and will it make much difference in the final quality that much. Or should I just be happy with the smaller file and put more on a single dvd?

Thanks
Stephen