Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 6:12 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Need suggestion for Frontend only fanless solution

Well I'm not sure I'd call the Mini inexpensive (maybe compared to other Mac's), but the form factor is pretty tough to beat.  Is HD even a remote possibility on a Mini, or is it out of the question?  I assume you can't use hardware acceleration like XvMC....  If it can't do HD, is the CPU the problem, or the vid card?  I'm just thinking that if I wait a bit, maybe Apple will come out with a next-gen Mini with more power.