Keep an eye on the number of files in /var/log and subdirectories, not just their sizes.

I once had a situation (not MythTV related) where a bunch of travelling workshop laptops all started to fail for some unknown reason.  There was still plenty of physical space on the drives, but a little daemon that was looking for network connections had created thousands of little files; the root file systems had run out of *address* space.  It was manifesting as "out of space" errors.

Good luck!

Andrew.

On 07 Oct 2005 07:13:48 -0700, Jim Reith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At 10:01 AM 10/7/2005, you wrote:
>My mythbackend.log file is just 6K, so I don't think that is the problem.
>Any other suggestions?
>
>Chris

When my system crashed and died, it was the system logs that overfilled and
caused it to crash. On my distribution they were in /var/log/ (messages*
for example) It got to the point where my system couldn't boot because it
couldn't write the "out of space" log entry because the log was "out of
space"... duh! If you don't have separate partitions set up that could fill
up the file system. Use the df and du commands to find where it's being
hogged (and use man df or man du to see what they tell you)

Jim

If you don't know what to do, do something.