On 10/13/05, Devan Lippman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 10/13/05, Steve Adeff <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
On Thursday 13 October 2005 01:09, Curtis Stanford wrote:

> So what's the difference between us and the people who seem to have
> it working 100% ? I'm still thinking it may be the card or perhaps
> the linux driver. I'm hoping anyone who is having success with this
> mail in with their configurations.
>
> Curtis

I was going to ask the same thing, I'm getting a firewire cable box soon and
hope to get it working. I don't run Fedora, so I won't be using the "ATrpms"
people talk about, but it would be interesting to get further information on
this, if its the firewire chipset, the compilation of MythTV, the DCT box
itself, etc....

I'll be able to throw my 2cents in when I get my card.

Steve

I run from source but I'm able to record with 100% reliability over firewire.  It probably should be noted that I only use the old analog channels (below 100) and not any of the digital channels.

00:0c.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): VIA Technologies, Inc. IEEE 1394 Host Controller (rev 46)

I have libiec61883 installed (no idea the version, its all source and relatively old)
libraw1394-1.2.0
libavc1394-0.5.0
gscanbus-0.7.1
kernel 2.6.8.1

You shouldn't need all of that but its working so I haven't done any house cleaning.  I do remember that I had to change my node ID manually when I first started using MythTV with firewire, but that seems to have been fixed.

--
Devan Lippman <devan at lippman dot net>

Perhaps the ATrpms, are missing some updates that improve FireWire performance?!

Dave