Tj wrote:

ffrr wrote:

Actually, running mythfrontend from a terminal still generates a long list of errors when TV is being watched. I have pasted a selection below. Is this normal for DVB streams received?

[mpeg2video @ 0xb77d0434]Warning MVs not available
[mpeg2video @ 0xb77d0434]ac-tex damaged at 40 0
[mpeg2video @ 0xb77d0434]ac-tex damaged at 40 27
[mpeg2video @ 0xb77d0434]invalid mb type in I Frame at 17 14
[mpeg2video @ 0xb77d0434]ac-tex damaged at 31 23
[mpeg2video @ 0xb77d0434]ac-tex damaged at 26 24

Are you using kernel 2.6.11.x or 2.6.13.x?

Yes. At least, the file in the boot directory is vmlinuz-2.6.11-6mdk. The distro I am using is Mandriva 2005LE.

I have problems getting my DVB cards to play well with MythTV using the above kernel versions, even though xine plays back DVB stuffs without a hitch.

Rolling back to kernel 2.6.10 or 2.6.12 and MythTV works again.

I am about to u[grade to Mandriva 2006 when it becomes generally available and that uses 2.6.12. So, yet another reason to look forward to the new version ? Thanks for the tip.