On 10/19/05, Devan Lippman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This is probably off topic but has anyone seen anything in their searches about the possibility of creating a cd image that the  XBox will boot from without modifying hardware?  What I'm trying for is not having to modify the hard disk so that I won't lose my ability to play on xbox live.
Used to do this on my dreamcast (winCE) but I'm sure the industry has learned from that one.

Nope, it's not possible.   At the very least, you need a soft mod, which will change some files on the hard drive, although not necessarily ones that will break your ability to use XBox Live.

Carl Fongheiser