R. Geoffrey Newbury wrote:

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 14:14:27 -0400, Cyber Source wrote:

Michael T. Dean wrote:

Cyber Source wrote:

I seem to be missing /dev/dri using a pvr-350 with an nvidia card as the myth is bitching about this and i only get a blank screen when recording, I can watch tv OK. Any ideas, TIA

Also, if I run "cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/someshow.mpg, it records beautifully with sound, etc. I must have some setting wrong in my myth record options but this is a pvr-350 and initially thought I had something wrong with the ivtv modules. I have AMD 3000+, FC4, 512MB RAM, 2.6.13-1352 kernel with all options installed as per wilsonet.com/mythtv.

This could affect all video cards which do hardware acceleration using
dri. I am running an Epia SP13000 and have a similar problem with dri (and
drm and XvMC) being disabled. I suspect that your blank screen is because
the system cannot properly display out through the nvidia card. I think
that live TV would use the PVR350' output directly: no further processing
required.

Please do 2 things:
First: look at /var/log/Xorg.0.log and see if the following snippet exists
(it will be well down the lisiting),

drmOpenDevice: minor is 0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (Unknown error 999)
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (Unknown error 999)
drmOpenDevice: Open failed
drmOpenDevice: minor is 0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (Unknown error 999)
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (Unknown error 999)
drmOpenDevice: Open failed
<big snip>
(II) RADEON(0): Direct rendering disabled

Second:
See if you have a node /dev/dri/card0

I think that this is a udev problem. The node /dev/dri/card0 does not get
created.

About 4 days ago I found a web-site about udev development which had a
changelog comment from about March, about some change (removal) to the
handling of dri.
I cannot find that page now....it is not any of the main udev pages.

But it is clear that /dev/dri/card0 does not get created at any time by
udev or xorg or whatever. And dri seems to have no known major-minor
number allowing creation through a mknod or udev rule.

Help please.

Geoff

R. Geoffrey Newbury                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Barrister and Solicitor Telephone: 905-271-9600 Mississauga,Ontario, Canada Facsimile: 905-271-1638

I have no devices under /dev/dri , I also have no instance of drm in my xorg log. I am using the 3D nvidia driver and you are suppose to comment out the Load "dri" option, does this have to do with that? If so, why is it trying to use dri vs glx?

--
cybersource.us
                        115 Richfield Road